The last time I updated this site was for Christmas, 2020!
Sorry to my subscribers for that long silence…
Reason: We have been heavily involved with preparations to sell our house, and move to a new house in south Mississippi.
– Old House: Sale is complete (we will be renting back for 2 months)
– New House: Framing complete, roofed with shingles, brick being laid
Reasons for Moving:
1. Desire to live in a “small town/country” environment
2. Be closer to other members of the family
1. MUCH less congested and more peaceful place to live
2. More opportunities for fellowship with members of the family and long-time church friends
We are building a new home in a “country” subdivision located just south of Laurel, MS (featured in the HGTV show “Home Town”) and just north of Hattiesburg, MS (home of the University of Southern Mississippi).
Here’s the location:
The subdivision, “Highlands”, consists of 1-4 acre lots with a few small “lakes” included.
I-59 borders to the west, and US 11 to the east.
Much of the land is open with gently rolling hills (will be a great place to walk!).
– 2800 sq. ft. ranch style with a large bonus room over the garage
– Four sides brick exterior
– Covered, screened-in Back Porch with patio
– Downstairs includes 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, LR, DR, Kitchen with Eating Area, large walk-in pantry, large utility room, oversized garage
– Master suite has His and Hers large walk-in closets (His is also a “safe room” which will act as the storm shelter)
– The bonus room upstairs is very large (23×13) and will be used as a 4th BR (with a bathroom and closet), computer desk area, and TV viewing room.
– The lot size is 1.3 acres
The link below will show the same house plan, which we saw before agreeing to build.
Click on the link, then click on the picture to go to a page which allows one to scroll down to see other pictures and a good view of the house. The brick color, lot, and back deck are the only differences with the house we are building.
Pictures will be added as the house construction progresses.
It is due to be completed around early-mid May.